How do I access OhioLINK databases from off-campus?
- On the left side of Lourdes Library homepage under Resources there is a link to Lourdes Databases.
- After selecting that link, you will see database selections by most popular titles and titles by subject
- Select a database.
- Off campus you will then need to enter your last name and barcode number in the spaces provided.
- On campus there should be no restriction on database access.
How do I renew books online?
- On the Lourdes Library homepage or on the Library Catalog page there is a link to “View My Account”.
- After selecting that link, enter your name and barcode number in the spaces provided.
- Select “Submit”.
- Your name will be displayed.
- If you have anything checked out or on order, select the link displayed.
- The next screen will list your items with the status of each.
- Check the box next to the item you want to renew. (If you are viewing your list of requested items, select any you wish to cancel.)
- Choose “Renew Selected”.
- There are restrictions to renewing online due to fines, overdues, or limits on renewal periods. You will be denied renewal if any of these reasons exist.
How do I request books?
If an item is not available in the Lourdes online catalog:
- At your search results page select “Search OhioLINK”.
- When you find the item available select “Request item”.
- You will be asked to select a school Select “Lourdes”.
- Type your name.
- You will need to enter your valid barcode from your student id OR your library card.
- Your barcode may begin with letters or numbers depending on which card is validated at the library.
- Select Pickup Institution: “Lourdes”.
- Select Pickup Location: “Lourdes Library Circ Desk”.
- If there is an error, access will be denied. See “Trouble Shooting”.
If your request was successful:
- You will be notified by Lourdes email when your item arrives.
- You may also check online at “My Account” to see the status of your request.
- Sometimes the error is a spelling error. Retype your name.
- Sometimes the error is the wrong number. Retype your number, no spaces.
- In OPAL, did you remember to choose correct pickup location?
- Has your Lourdes ID/Library card been validated at the circulation desk this semester? You may have to go to the library to have this done.
- Sometimes the name in the library system is not the name you type. For example, did you use your middle initial? Try it without a middle initial.
- Lastly, some errors are beyond our control. Try again later, or contact the library for further assistance.
How do I request articles?
Search the Databases to find magazine and journal citations and abstracts.
Where can you find the text of the article?
- Many databases have full text available online.
- HTML or PDF are 2 different choices sometimes available to view the text. Select either of those options.
- PDF needs Adobe Reader to view the article.
- Another possible option is “LinkSource” if there is no full text. This will give access to the article in a different database, if available.
If you need an article that is not online in any of the above suggested forms, you may fill out a request form. (link to page)
- Requests are limited to Lourdes students, staff, and faculty.
- Article requests are not guaranteed to be filled.
- There may be a cost associated with obtaining the article that you will be required to pay.
- Fill out the request form completely, print the form and return it to the circulation desk.
Where do I find course reserves?
- Print copies of articles and books are found at the library Help Desk.
- These are used in the library.
- Have your ID ready to leave at the circulation desk.
- Some reserve articles are found online.
- On the Library Catalog page, click on “Course Reserves”.
- Search by Instructor’s last name, course name, or course number (e.g. RST 212).
- When reserved title appears click on view or print.
- Enter your name and barcode from Lourdes ID.
- A PDF document will open.