About the CBE Framework
by Angela Dunn
July 23, 2020
Lourdes University is a member of the CBEN organization and has adopted the Quality Framework for Competency -Based Education Programs set by the CBEN network.
- Demonstrated Institutional Commitment to and Capacity for CBE Innovation
Lourdes University created focus groups, secured funding, and involved nursing faculty with the technology selection process.
- Clear, Measurable, Meaningful and Integrated Competencies
Lourdes University is beginning the process of integrating a CBE model with The College of Nursing’s approved curriculum. The RN to MSN and RN to BSN have proven to demonstrate a curriculum with clear, measurable, and meaningful objectives.
- Coherent Program and Curriculum Design
Lourdes University plans to use current curriculum and credit hour equivalency models to meet this standard.
- Credential-level Assessment Strategy with robust implementation
Lourdes University will follow the approved scale of scholarship when designing CBE courses.
- Intentionally Designed and Engaged Learner Experience
Lourdes University hired an instructional designer to assist with developing quality and engaging online CBE experiences for students.
- Collaborative Engagement with External Partners
Lourdes University staff have been in constant contact with partners regarding additional opportunities, buy-in, and expert advice.
- Transparency of Student Learning
Lourdes University is in the process of designing a robust marketing plan, communication plan, and student orientation.
- Evidence-driven Continuous Improvement
Lourdes Univerity is working with an assessment consulting group to help track our assessment data. In addition, the coordinator of competency-based programs identified a CBE assessment metrics framework that will be used to track every aspect of the CBE process.
You can find a link to the ful Framework below: