MSN Admission Requirements
Registered nurses (RNs) who hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree are admitted directly into the MSN program upon satisfactory fulfillment of the following requirements.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
– Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
– Note: Unofficial transcripts of undergraduate courses may be reviewed by program advisor prior to application process at applicant’s request.
– Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher or GRE general test score of 35th percentile or higher that is less than 5 years old. (Note: GRE is NOT required for admission)
- A current, unrestricted license as a registered nurse in attendee’s state of residence within the first semester of the program.
- Complete the Graduate Application for Admission.
- Submit two (2) recommendations (via the Lourdes University recommender form) supporting the applicant’s potential success in the MSN program such as the applicant’s potential or ability for functioning in the advanced practice role (clinical skills, critical thinking, independent decision making, collaborative skills with other health professionals, and nursing leadership). At least one recommendation must be from a graduate-prepared nurse.
– Note: Applicants that completed their BSN in the past five years must submit at least one (1) recommendation from a faculty member/academic reference in that program.
- Resume or CV that includes work experience, educational, leadership and professional organization activities, and scholarly activities including publications, presentations, research, honors and awards.