MSN Student Learning Outcomes - Lourdes University
Master of Science in Nursing provides learning opportunities for students to:
- Incorporate knowledge from nursing science, related fields, and professional foundations in building advanced nursing roles.
- Collaborate in scholarly activities of evaluation, application, and integration of nursing research into holistic nursing practice.
- Engage in professional and practice activities, advocate for change, and articulate the role of the advanced nurse through interprofessional interaction.
- Integrate Franciscan and personal values and beliefs into a framework for advanced nursing.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of human diversity in the provision of health care including clinical prevention and population health.
- Explore the impact of ethical, political, economic, legal, and moral issues related to healthcare in society.
- Develop a commitment for lifelong learning and advanced study.
- Utilize health information technologies for quality and safety initiatives related to advanced nursing roles.
- Apply organizational and systems leadership principles in the advanced nursing role.