Department of Biology and Health Sciences Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the discipline of biology.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of biological terms, principles, and concepts, utilizing appropriate depth and breadth in select content areas of biology.
2. Demonstrate skills of a biologist.
- Design, conduct, and evaluate protocols, studies, and experiments utilizing the scientific method.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of biological instruments and technologies.
3. Apply effective critical thinking in biology.
- Interpret, analyze, and evaluate biological information.
- Apply biological concepts to social issues.
4. Demonstrate effective communication in biology.
- Demonstrate effective written, speaking, and listening skills in biology reports, essays, projects, posters, and presentations.