Lourdes University will be closed on April 18 - April 22 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Department of Psychology Learning Outcomes
Knowledge Base of Psychology
Students will demonstrate familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in psychology.
- Characterize the nature of psychology as a scientific discipline.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding representing appropriate breadth and depth in selected content areas of psychology.
- Explain major perspectives of psychology (e.g. behavioral, biological, cognitive, evolutionary, humanistic, psychodynamic, and sociocultural).
Research Methods in Psychology
Students will understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Explain different research methods and statistical analyses used by psychologists.
- Design and conduct basic studies to address psychological questions using appropriate research methods and statistical analyses.
- Follow the APA Code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman participants in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of psychological research.
Critical Thinking and Communication Skills in Psychology
- Use critical thinking effectively.
- Demonstrate effective writing skills and oral communication skills in various formats and for various purposes.