Fall 2023 Commencement Information
December 9, 2023
Franciscan Center Theater
🎥 Live stream: https://youtube.com/live/4I0w9qqqgJ8?feature=share
On December 9, 2023, Lourdes University will confer degrees earned for the Undergraduate and Graduate levels from the Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 terms. Commencement will begin promptly at noon in the Franciscan Center Theater.
- Graduates should report to the Franciscan Center Gym for check-in and line-up. Please arrive at 11:00 a.m.
- Bring your cap, tassel, and gown with you to the Franciscan Center Gym for the line-up.
- Tassels are to be on the right prior to graduating. If you are receiving an advanced degree, your tassel is placed to the left during the procession and ceremony.
- If you have not ordered your regalia, contact the Registrar’s office immediately. All graduates must wear regalia: Registrar@lourdes.edu
- You will register for Lourdes Alumni status at check-in. The line-up will be in the Franciscan Center Gym, organized by college. You will be given a name card to hand to the reader on stage. Please do not lose this card.
- A photo booth will be available before and after the ceremony in the Franciscan Center Gym with the Lourdes Alumni backdrop!
- The Alumni Association will provide each graduate with a ceremonial photo taken on stage when you graduate. This is a gift from the Alumni Association.
- Alumni swag will be available to purchase as well in the Franciscan Center Gym before and after the ceremony! Bring a check or card.
- A light reception will be provided immediately following the ceremony in the Franciscan Center Commons. Graduates and guests are invited to mingle, enjoy a toast, cookies, and take photos.
- Following the ceremony, graduates must pick up their diplomas from designated tables at the back of the Franciscan Center Gym! Do not forget to get your diploma to place in your holder. You will receive your diploma holder on-stage as your name is announced.
- Graduates must confirm with Student Accounts that all bills have been paid by December 1, 2023, to receive their diploma.
- Graduates needing any assistance for the ceremony must contact the Provost’s Office to request specific accommodations: Provost@lourdes.edu
- Due to limited seating, tickets are required for Commencement.
Each participating graduate will receive five (5) tickets. Tickets and regalia will be available for pickup beginning Monday, November 27, 2023, in the Registrar’s Office (SCH 139). Dates and times for ticket pickup are listed below.
Monday, November 27th 9am-5pm
Tuesday, November 28th 9am-6pm
Wednesday, November 29th 9am-5pm
Thursday, November 30th 9am-6pm
Friday, December 1st 9am-5pm
Monday, December 4th 9am-5pm
Tuesday, December 5th 9am-6pm
*Wednesday, December 6th 9am-12 pm noon EXTRA ticket Pick-up
- All guests attending must have tickets for admission.
- Commencement guests who do not have tickets (including children) are invited to watch via live stream: https://youtube.com/live/4I0w9qqqgJ8?feature=share. An overflow room will be available in conference rooms A and B in the Franciscan Center to view the live stream.
- Children must be supervised and accompanied by an adult.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the Franciscan Center theater.
- There will be no replacements for lost, stolen, or forgotten tickets.
Guests needing special accommodations should alert the volunteers upon arrival. A limited number of seats are available in the theater for accessibility requests.
Are You Paid in Full?
For a student to receive a diploma, their account balances must be paid in full by December 1, 2023. Students are encouraged to confirm balance information with Student Accounts immediately.
One Time Payment Information: (Payments via this link may take 1-3 business days to post on student’s account. Please consider this processing time when paying, in order to meet the December 1st deadline for a live diploma): http://www.lourdes.edu/makeapayment
All credit card payments will be accessed with a processing fee of 2.3% plus $0.30 per transaction. ACH/checking account payments a fee of $0.25 will be charged (presently only be available in the U.S.) *Please Note: Credit card fees are the same for credit cards originating in any country, so that a U.S. institution that takes a credit card payment from an international bank will still pay the same fee.
Send personal check, cashier’s check or money order postmarked by November 18, 2022, to:
Lourdes University Cashier’s Office
6832 Convent Blvd
Sylvania, OH 43560
Pay direct to cashier by check, money order, or cash (in person only) on or before December 1, 2023.