Testing Sponsored by the College Board
Lourdes University participates in two programs sponsored by The College Board: the Advanced Placement Program (AP) and the College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Advanced Placement (AP)
Qualified high school students who achieve appropriate scores on AP Examinations may be eligible for college credit and advanced standing. This can accelerate one’s progress toward a degree. Students should check with their academic advisor and the Academic Catalog for details. AP scores must be sent from The College Board directly to the Registrar’s Office at Lourdes University in order to be considered for Lourdes credit. Credit is posted at the end of the student’s first semester at Lourdes University.
College Level Examination (CLEP)
CLEP testing service is provided for Lourdes University students and prospective students. Students wishing to obtain college credit for knowledge acquired by means other than previous college course work may apply for either General Examinations or Subject Examinations. CLEP General Examinations are objective tests that measure college-level achievement in five basic areas of the liberal arts: English composition, humanities, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences. CLEP Subject Examinations are designed to measure the knowledge and achievement usually covered in specific college courses.
Lourdes University awards credits as recommended by the College Entrance Examination Board for each Subject Examination passed; credit is also granted for General Examinations. Required passing scores, which vary by test, will range from 50 to 65 (contact the Registrar’s Office for specific details). CLEP exams offered and accepted for credit can be found in the current Academic Catalog.
Due to recent changes from CLEP pertaining to test registration, all CLEP testing will be administered on an as-needed basis; once a student signs up for a test through the CLEP website, they must bring the voucher in to the Academic Success Center to arrange a testing day and time. Register for the CLEP.
CLEP Testing ($93 per test)
All testing is administered in the Academic Success Center. To arrange testing, contact 419-824-3748.
For general CLEP questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLEP CREDIT POLICIES
- Students may take advantage of CLEP testing anytime during their coursework at Lourdes University. CLEP tests may not be taken for any courses for which a student already has college credit.
- The transcript of the student who has been awarded credit through CLEP will carry the notation “X” in the grade column.
- Grades will not be recorded for CLEP; therefore, students’ grade point averages will not be affected.A per-hour transcripting fee is charged per credit hour awarded.
- All information is accurate as of July 19, 2023 and is subject to change without notice.
- All tests are administered in the Academic Success Center.
For any questions about standardized testing for college credit, please come to the Registrar’s Office in St. Clare Hall 139.