Theological Studies Learning Outcomes - Lourdes University
Theological Studies Learning Outcomes
Department of Theological Studies Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Theological Studies program exhibit proficiency in their approach to and interpretation of the Scriptures including the ability to relate the Bible to contemporary experience.
– Apply historical-critical approaches to interpretation of biblical texts;
– Demonstrate knowledge of the biblical narratives and themes as well as the way that they speak today.
Graduates of the Theological Studies program exhibit an understanding of the development of the Christian thought and its interaction with human history and culture.
– Apply a historical-critical approach to interpretation of primary and secondary sources;
– Understand the history and development of Christian thought and the role Scripture and Tradition play in
the evolution of Christian belief and practice.
Graduates of the Theological Studies program demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for the major doctrines and themes of the Christian tradition.
– Engage in theological analysis of fundamental Christian doctrines through the application of scriptural and
– Demonstrate an understanding of the major Christian doctrines and their coherence as a system of
thought and belief.
Graduates of the Theological Studies program think critically about issues, events, and institutions and evaluate them in light of the Christian tradition.
– Understand the way Christian beliefs ground the moral life;
– Draw upon the Christian tradition and employ critical thinking in evaluating ethical problems and presenting solutions systematically.
Graduates of the Theological Studies program demonstrate an understanding of and appreciation for at least two major world religions.
– Demonstrate an empathetic understanding of the history, beliefs, ethics, and religious practices of two major world religions.