Lourdes University will be closed on April 18 - April 22 in observance of the Easter holiday.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
Total Credit Hours Required for Graduation: 36 credit hours
THS 600 Theological Foundations
THS 605 The Christian Church: Apostles to the Renaissance
THS 610 The Christian Church: Reformers to the Contemporary Church
THS 615 Old Testament Themes: A Critical Study
THS 620 New Testament Themes: A Critical Study
THS 625 Christian Anthropology
THS 630 The Triune God
THS 635 Jesus Christ: Word and Redeemer
THS 640 Ecclesiology
THS 645 Foundations of Christian Moral Theology
THS 650 Symbol, Ritual, and Sacrament
THS 698 Capstone Seminar
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Theology program are sophisticated in their approach to and interpretation of the Scriptures.
- Apply historical-critical approaches to interpretation of biblical texts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the biblical narratives and themes as well as the way that they speak today.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Theology program have a thorough knowledge of the development of Christian thought.
- Articulate the history and development of Christian thought.
- Manifest the ability to read and interpret the classics of Christian thought in context.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Theology program can interpret the Tradition and articulate it in a coherent and comprehensive way that is intelligible to contemporary situations.
- Engage in theological analysis of fundamental Christian doctrines.
- Synthesize and express classic beliefs of the Christian Tradition in a way that is meaningful today.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Theology program can interpret the Moral Tradition and articulate it in a way that is intelligible to contemporary situations.
- Understand the philosophical and theological foundations of moral theology.
- Engage in systematic, theological analysis of concrete moral issues.