Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
Sample Curriculum Courses
34 credit hours
ENG 670 Graduate Nursing Writing Preparation
NUR 600 Theories and Values for Advanced Nursing
NUR 625 Nursing Informatics
NUR 610 Foundations of Leadership
NUR 620 Advanced Statistics and Data Analysis
NUR 622 Advanced Nursing Inquiry for Evidence Based Practice
NUR 611 Leadership and Organizational Behavior
NUR 617 Financial Tools for Nursing Leadership
NUR 612 Health Care Policy in a Diverse Community
NUR 696 Professional Proposal Design
NUR 692 Practicum in the Advanced Nursing Role – Leaders
NUR 698 Nursing Capstone
- Incorporate knowledge from nursing science, related fields, and professional foundations in building advanced nursing roles.
- Collaborate in scholarly activities of evaluation, application, and integration of nursing research into holistic nursing practice.
- Engage in professional and practice activities, advocate for change, and articulate the role of the advanced nurse through interprofessional interaction.
- Integrate Franciscan and personal values and beliefs into a framework for advanced nursing.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of human diversity in the provision of health care including clinical prevention and population health.
- Explore the impact of ethical, political, economic, legal, and moral issues related to healthcare in society.
- Develop a commitment for lifelong learning and advanced study.
- Utilize health information technologies for quality and safety initiatives related to advanced nursing roles.
- Apply organizational and systems leadership principles in the advanced nursing role.