Master of Social Work (MSW) through St. Louis University offered at Lourdes University
Lourdes University and Saint Louis University have partnered to offer you an innovative Master of Social Work (MSW) program. The MSW will prepare students to be advanced practitioners of social work who act as agents of change to promote individual and societal well-being.
Offered in a hybrid model, approximately 60% of the program is taught through an online Blackboard format by Saint Louis University. The remainder of the courses are taught in a face-to-face format at Lourdes University in Sylvania, Ohio including the practicum planning and seminar courses.
Students who complete the program will earn a degree from Saint Louis University which is a nationally and globally recognized leader in social work education, ranked in the top 25% of programs by U.S. News and World Report. Founded on the Jesuit tradition of “educating the whole person,” SLU encourages students to learn as much as possible about social work and service while committing to serve humankind with compassion.
- Advanced Standing – Students who have earned a Bachelor of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program can complete the program in 39 credit hours
- Non-Advanced Standing – Students who have earned an undergraduate degree in any major can complete the program in 57 credit hours
- Curriculum Guide
- Clinical Fall Start Curriculum Plans
- Clinical Spring Start Curriculum Plans
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and 24 credit hours completed in the liberal arts. The applicant’s transcript must reflect a range of courses in the following areas: the social and behavioral sciences, natural sciences, history, English, literature, philosophy, theology and fine arts.
- Request official college transcripts and have them sent to the Saint Louis University Graduate Admissions office.
- Complete and submit the Graduate Application for Admission.
- Submit a current resume and professional statement. Additional factors considered in determining an applicant’s eligibility include academic achievement, strength of the undergraduate program attended, work experience, previous graduate degrees, motivation, leadership and service.
- Provide three confidential letters of recommendation (two academic references and one professional reference).
- Applicants are also required to complete an interview either on campus, phone or through an online system supported by the university.
- Saint Louis University is approved by the Higher Learning Commission and the Ohio Department of Higher Education to offer the MSW degree as an off-campus program at Lourdes University.
- The Saint Louis University MSW is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).