NAP Admission Requirements
Doctor of Nursing Practice With Nurse Anesthesia Concentration
Applications for Summer 2023 and beyond are now being accepted. Deadline for Summer, 2023 applications is August 15, 2022. Summer 2023 classes begin in May 2023
Nurse Anesthesia Program Admission Process
- Apply for Admission: Complete and submit the online application for graduate students at www.lourdes.edu/apply
- If you have previously applied but did not enroll in courses, please complete and submit a new application so all your records can be updated.
- Request Transcripts: Order transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Have electronic copies sent to email@example.com OR Have your institution send official hard copies to:
Lourdes University Graduate Admissions
6832 Convent Blvd.
Sylvania, OH 43560
- Academic Requirements:
- Graduation from a nationally accredited nursing program with a bachelor’s degree in nursing or other appropriate nursing major from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Course content and a grade of 3.0 or better within the last 10 years in Anatomy and Physiology, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Provide Recommender Information: Provide name, organization, position/title, relationship, phone number & email address of three recommenders:
- A peer who works with you
- An immediate supervisor, someone who performs or can evaluate you in the workplace
- A physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant you have worked closely with in a critical care area.
- Provide Proof of Current Certifications and Current Licensure: All copies of current documents/licenses/certifications can be uploaded into your application.
- CCRN with scores
- Unrestricted Nursing License – All licenses if more than one
- Resume or CV
- Critical Care Work Experience – Submit documentation citing your critical care work experiences using the form located here: Lourdes NAP Critical Care Work Experience Form
- Critical care areas include SICU, MICU, CICU, NICU, PICU, Neuro ICU, and ER. ER nursing may be considered as fulfilling this requirement and will be individually considered based on the acuity/intensity of the ER.
- Shadowing Experience: Complete a minimum shadowing experience of 1-2 days (8-16 hours) with a CRNA or anesthesiologist. Please use this form to record your shadowing experiences Lourdes NAP Shadow Experience Form
- Pay Application Fee: Pay the $50 Application Fee electronically by accessing – NAP Application Fee Payment Form
- Application Deadline: Submit application and all admission materials by August 15, 2022 at midnight
- Application Review: The application review process takes several weeks. Once this process is complete, invitations to interview will be sent via email. Applicants not granted an interview will be informed via email.
- Interview: Interviews will take place on multiple dates to be determined in September 2022
- Admission Decision: Admission decisions will be sent via email. All interviewees will receive an admission decision.