MSN NAP Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
Sample Curriculum Courses
64-65 credit hours
NUR 603 Basic Principles of Anesthesia + Lab
NUR 606 Chemistry & Physics for Nurse Anesthesia
NUR 607 Pharmacology I
NUR 613 Advanced Anatomy and Physiology/Pathophysiology I
NUR 619 Advanced Physical Health Assessment
NUR 630 Launch Into Clinical Practicum (last 7 weeks)
NUR 604 Advanced Principles of Anesthesia I + Lab
NUR 614 Advanced Anatomy and Physiology/Pathophysiology II
NUR 608 Pharmacology II
NUR 631 Clinical Practicum I
NUR 605 Advanced Principles of Anesthesia II
NUR 615 Advanced Anatomy and Physiology/Pathophysiology III
NUR 600 Theory and Values for Advanced Nursing
NUR 632 Clinical Practicum II
NUR 612 Health Care Policy in a Diverse Community
NUR 622 Advanced Nursing Inquiry for Evidence-based Practice
NUR 633 Clinical Practicum III
NUR 696 Professional Proposal Design
NUR 634 Clinical Practicum IV
NUR 698 Nursing Capstone
NUR 635 Clinical Practicum V
NUR 691 Senior Seminar (Board review)
NUR 636 Clinical Practicum VI
- Demonstrate appropriate scientific knowledge and psychomotor ability while providing anesthesia care.
- Demonstrate safety and vigilance to protect the patient from harm.
- Provide individualized anesthesia care to meet the needs of the patient.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism and responsibility in the advanced practice role of the Nurse Anesthetist.
- Utilize critical thinking and decision making skills to impact patient care.