NAP Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
DNP NURSE ANESTHESIA PROGRAM CURRICULUM
Total: 97 credit hours
PREREQUISITES OFFERED THROUGH LOURDES UNIVERSITY:
Scientific Writing Course
Theory & Philosophy for Advanced Practice Nursing
Summer Year 1
NUR 712 Advanced Human Anatomy
NUR 711 Scientific Foundations for Anesthesia
NUR 707 Advanced Pharmacology for Anesthesia I
NUR 721 Principles for DNP Anesthesia I
NUR 735 Epidemiology (DNP Core Course)
Fall Year 1
NUR 713 Advanced Health Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning
NUR 710 Population Health Across Diverse Cultures (DNP Core Course)
NUR 718 Advanced Physiology and Patho Across the Lifespan I
NUR 729 Principles for DNP Anesthesia II
NUR 708 Advanced Pharmacology for Anesthesia II
Spring Year 1
NUR 720 Translational Research for Advanced Practice (DNP Core Course)
NUR 719 Advanced Physiology and Path Across the Lifespan II
NUR 714 Economics for HealthCare Systems & Advanced Nursing Practice
NUR 739 Principles for DNP Anesthesia III
NUR 726 DNP Anesthesia Residency I
Summer Year 2
NUR 740 Information Systems Science, Theory & Tech (DNP Core Course)
NUR 745 Leadership and Transitioning Health Systems (DNP Core Course)
NUR 749 Principles for DNP Anesthesia IV
NUR 736 DNP Anesthesia Residency II
Fall Year 2
NUR 725 Program Planning (DNP Core Course)
NUR 730 Advocacy and Social Policy (DNP Core Course)
NUR 744 Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management
NUR 746 DNP Anesthesia Residency III
Spring Year 2
NUR 750 Translational Research Design (DNP Core Courses)
NUR 756 DNP Anesthesia Residency IV
Summer Year 3
NUR 766 DNP Anesthesia Residency V
NUR 755 Translational Research Implementation (DNP Core Course)
Fall Year 3
NUR 760 Translational Research Projects (DNP Core Course)
NUR 763 Synthesis of Critical Anesthesia Concepts
NUR 768 DNP Anesthesia Residency VI
Spring Year 3
NUR 764 Synthesis of Critical Anesthesia Concepts
NUR 770 DNP Anesthesia Residency VII
The Lourdes University Nurse Anesthesia Program will assess quality and sustainability in the following areas:
- Number of students who complete the program.
- Number of graduates that pass the National Certification Examination for Nurse Anesthetists in accordance with the Council on Accreditation Examination policy.
- Number of graduates who secure employment within 6 months post-graduation.
Nurse Anesthesia Program Learning Outcomes
- Ensure 100% of the students successfully complete the program, but a rate of 92% will be noted as acceptable.
- Establish the benchmark for first time pass rates of the National Certification Examination to be 100%, and a rate of 92% will be noted as acceptable.
- Produce graduates who reflect Franciscan values and best practices related to the advanced role of nurse anesthesia.
- Produce graduates who are committed to the advancement of nursing scholarship as evidenced by professional publication and presentations.
- Document that 90% of graduates are satisfied with the DNP Nurse Anesthesia program of study.
DNP Program Student Learning Outcomes
The student will:
- Display a professional commitment to the Franciscan values of community, learning, reverence and service when leading care of diverse populations in the advanced practice nursing role. (Essential II, VIII, Lourdes Mission)
- Utilize interdisciplinary sciences to establish professional standards that provides safe, effective, efficient evidence-based care in an advanced practice nursing role. (Essential I, VIII)
- Apply evidence-based knowledge in the design and use of theoretical and technological systems to manage individual and aggregate level information to improve and transform healthcare. (Essential I, II, IV)
- Employ communication, leadership and cultural principles to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams in the provision of quality and safety initiatives to improve outcomes at the individual and systems level. (Essential II, VI, VIII)
- Utilize epidemiology to translate evidence-based practice models to improve individual aggregate and population health. (Essential III, V, VII)
- Synthesize, evaluate and discuss impact of ethical, political, economic, legal and more issues as related to healthcare in society. (Essential V, VIII)