Why Choose Lourdes University
A Catholic University in the Franciscan tradition, Lourdes University delivers an excellent personalized education. In addition to its flagship programs – nursing, education, business and the social sciences – Lourdes also offers bachelor’s degrees in Biology, Craft Beverages, Criminal Justice, Exercise Science, Digital & Media Studies, and Psychology. Lourdes is also a great choice to prepare for graduate school. Choose from these Pre-Professional Programs: Art Therapy, Dental, Law, Medicine, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, and Veterinary.
Those interested in graduate study, can apply for one of our master’s degree programs in business, education, or nursing. Lourdes University also offers a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree.
GET TO KNOW US
At Lourdes, we celebrate the gifts and talents of each person, regardless of faith tradition. Our Catholic and Sylvania Franciscan traditions, and the values of our students, faculty, staff and administration are at the heart of all we do. The interaction of our diverse faith traditions enriches campus life. Our goal is to foster a community whose faith is alive, informed, and active.
A BEAUTIFUL AND SAFE CAMPUS – Take a Virtual Tour
APARTMENT-STYLE HOUSING – Take A Housing Tour with Lourdes Students
- Our students represent 12 countries, 5 continents and 24 states within the USA
- 1,120 undergraduate and 309 graduate students enrolled
- 24% students of color enrolled
- 67% female and 33% male students enrolled
- 15 to 1 overall student to faculty ratio
- 6 to 1 student-to-faculty nursing clinical ratio
- “Best in the Midwest College by Princeton Review (2005-2020)
- “Military Friendly” university by Victory Media (2009-2019)
- NAIA Gold Level 5-Star Institution (2018-19)
- Champions of Character Five Star Institution (2016-2017)
- Champions of Character Bronze Star Institution (2015-16, 2013-14)
- Champions of Character Silver Star Institution (2014-2015)
- 99% of current graduates have secured a job in their field or successfully gained entrance to graduate school
- 100% job placement for Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Anesthesia graduates
- 100% job placement for social work graduates within 3 months of graduation
- 90% of Education graduates have obtained teaching jobs
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
Lourdes University is proud to have earned and hold the following accreditations, authorizations and approvals.
- Sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio
- Authorized by the Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission
- Approved by the Ohio State Department of Education
- The College of Nursing Programs are approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master’s degree program in nursing at Lourdes University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The College of Nursing Programs are approved by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Accredited by International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
MISSION AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies.
In support of this mission Lourdes University:
- Nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential.
- Commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions.
- Provides a holistic, student-centered education, rooted in the liberal arts that prepares individuals for meaningful careers and lifelong learning.
- Fosters personal integrity, ethical understanding, social responsibility, care for all of creation, and a commitment to community service.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact an Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-878-3210, ext. 5291.