I-20 Request – International Student Requirements
Lourdes University international student applicants with an I-20 request must follow the steps below.
1. Evidence of adequate financial resources
- Provide bank statements or annual income statement showing a balance of at least the cost of an academic year (two semesters) of tuition, fees, books, food, housing and transportation to the Designated School Official (DSO). See more information about Lourdes University tuition and fees
- Complete and submit the Financial Certification Form
2. Proof of health insurance
- Student must obtain health insurance. Lourdes University does not provide a health insurance plan for international students.
3. Designated School Official issues a Form I-20
- The Form I-20 will be sent to the address provided by the student. This form must remain in the student’s possession for travel to Lourdes University and for any re-entry to the United States.
5. Student must apply for a Visa to travel to the United States
- The student will want to go to a designated U.S. Embassy or Consulate with the completed I-20 form issued by Lourdes University to apply for an F-1 Student Visa. The student must be prepared for a Visa interview. During the Visa interview, the student must explain why he/she wishes to study in the U.S.; indicate how he/she plans to support self in school and provide post-graduation plans.
6. Check-in with Designated School Official upon arrival at Lourdes University
- Upon receipt of the Student Visa and subsequent I-94 (arrival/departure document), student must provide a copy of to the DSO.
Student must enroll in a full course of study within 30 days of arriving in the United States.
7. Student Travel
- International students must visit their DSO whenever travel is planned or if the student is planning on making any changes to the existing plan of study. International students must maintain a “full course of study” and not drop below full-time status. They must also remain in good academic standing. If any issue(s) arise, it is imperative that the DSO is notified.
Learn more information on studying in the United States and click the Launch button.