Lourdes at a Glance
Awards & Recognition
Named a “Best in the Midwest College” by Princeton Review (2005-2018)
Named a “Military-Friendly” university by Victory Media (2009-2017)
Lourdes University is located in Sylvania, Ohio, 10 miles west of Toledo in the Great Lakes Region of the U.S.
Established in 1958 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio
127 beautifully landscaped acres featuring California-mission style architecture
Accreditations and Authorizations
- Member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)
- Member of the Wolverine-Hoosier Athletic Conference (WHAC)
Terra cotta and black
1,427 students from across the U.S. and abroad
12 to 1
67% female; 33% male
46% first generation
97% of Lourdes undergraduate students who complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are eligible to receive some form of financial aid
Associate of Arts (AA)
Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Bachelor of Science (BS)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master of Social Work (MSW) through partnership with Saint Louis University
- LECOM Early Acceptance Program – Biology majors can apply for the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Early Acceptance Program in one of three graduate tracks: medicine, dentistry or pharmacy.
- 3+3 Law Program – students pursuing a concentration in Pre-Law can complete the first three years of their coursework at Lourdes then complete their first year of law school at The University of Toledo.
- Public Health Program – Public Health majors can complete the first three years at Lourdes and then begin the first year of the master’s degree program at The University of Toledo.