COVID-19 Resources – Visitors and Guests
The University is committed to the health and wellbeing of visitors and guests. Lourdes facilities and services continue to follow current state and public health guidelines.
Health & Wellbeing of All
The steps the University has taken to promote a coronavirus-safe environment for visitors and guests aligns with our Franciscan values of community and reverence.
Recommendations for personal hygiene are posted throughout campus. Hand sanitizing supplies are available near the entrances of all buildings and in high touch environments. The University has taken great effort to remove high-touch items such as magazines, utensils, pens and instead, provide single use items when possible.
Plexiglass separation barriers have been installed in areas of high transaction traffic. These areas include the Lourdes University Welcome Desk in Russell Ebeid Hall; Duns Scotus Library Circulation Desk in St. Clare Hall; the Academic Success Center Reception Desk in Delp Hall; the Student Accounts Counter and Directions Credit Union in Mother Adelaide Hall; the Information Technology Desk in the lower level of Russell Ebeid Hall; the Registrar’s Office Counter in St. Clare Hall; the Russell Ebeid Recreation Center Lobby Desk and Café Lourdes and University Dining Hall Registers located in Mother Adelaide Hall.
Public and common areas on campus are cleaned and disinfected by Environmental Services staff as often as possible to promote safety. All classrooms, restrooms, lounges, stairwells, elevators, corridors and public spaces are cleaned during the overnight work shifts. Elevator buttons and stairwell railings should be self-cleaned before use.
Gray Wolves Athletics
The University will follow the NAIA Guidelines and Recommendations for athletics. Review NAIA’s latest FAQs regarding COVID-19 at https://www.naia.org/covid19/health-safety-faqs. NAIA’s 2020-21 COVID-19 Response Manual is also available at https://naia.prestosports.com/covid19/files/COVID-19-Response-Manual.pdf. Lourdes University Athletics will follow the WHAC or conference guidelines when they are updated. Lourdes University and the Athletics Department will also follow the guidelines set forth in the Ohio Department of Health Director’s Second Amended Order that Provides Mandatory Requirements for Youth, Collegiate, Amateur, Club and Professional Sports.
Lourdes University Athletics Spectator Policy
For winter sports, Lourdes University will not have fans at its athletic events. Lourdes Athletics will reevaluate this later in the spring.
Guidelines for the Office of Admissions
As part of the college search process, visiting campuses is important for prospective students and their families. Lourdes encourages individuals to take a virtual tour at any time https://lourdes.university-tour.com/. The University also offers in-person visit days and tours. These campus visits follow state and public health guidelines including number of individuals permitted per visit, physical distancing, wearing face coverings and temperature checks.
To set up a campus visit, please speak with a Lourdes Admissions Counselor at 419-885-5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Shared Campus
The Sisters of St. Francis and Lourdes University share our campus space. During the COVID-19 pandemic, University students, employees, guests and visitors are asked to restrict their use of the campus grounds to the front of the maintenance buildings (end of parking lot B), the grassy area in front of St. Joseph Hall and to the side of Ebeid and Lourdes Halls and the arboretum.
A Commitment to the Health & Wellbeing of All
As valued visitors and guests, we expect your cooperation in following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Ohio Department of Health and Toledo-Lucas County Health Department guidelines.
Monitor Your Health
- If visitors or guests are not feeling well, do NOT come on campus
- Visitors and guests should take their temperature at home.
- If individuals are unable to take temperature at home, they should have it taken at a designated campus location.
- If you have a temperature above 100.4 F, you are not allowed on campus.
- If a visitor or guest has tested positive for COVID-19, they are not permitted on the campus grounds until they test negative for COVID-19.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap for at least 20 seconds each time
- Use hand sanitizer when soap washing not readily available
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Always cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded areas
Wear A Face Covering
- Everyone at Lourdes must wear a face covering when in public
- Facial coverings must be cloth/fabric and cover an individual’s nose, mouth and chin. Face coverings are required of visitors and guests when on campus.
- Face coverings are meant to protect others in case you are infected
Clean & Disinfect
- The University will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- If surfaces are dirty, they will be cleaned as soon as possible
- Disinfectant will be used as recommended by the EPA
Lourdes COVID-19 Exposure Protocol
If guests or visitors believe they have been exposed to individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19, or have tested positive themselves, please contact your physician. Please also notify via phone the Lourdes University representative or department you visited. Individuals should follow their physician’s orders which may include quarantining or isolating. If an individual reports/demonstrates severe symptoms like difficulty breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, confusion, or bluish lips/face, they should seek emergency are immediately.
Quick Links to Resources