RA Recruitment Form
Welcome to the Resident Assistant selection process!
By completing the online application below or submitting this Resident Assistant job application, you are expressing your interest in one of the most important student leadership positions available at Lourdes University. Resident Assistants are community leaders, educators, counselors, friends, change agents, advisors, policy enforcers, and team players. If hired and placed as an RA, you will play a critical role in shaping a floor/building community and will involve student residents in that community. The demands on RAs are complex, but the material and nonmaterial benefits are extremely rewarding. The Resident Assistant position is the toughest job you’ll ever love.
RAs are part-time, student staff members who live in residence halls. The mission of Residence Life at Lourdes University is to empower residence hall students and staff to create safe, caring, and inclusive communities. RAs encourage and support students in academic and personal growth by fostering awareness, appreciation, and development of skills to succeed in a diverse, global society. Finally, RAs are role models within their communities, demonstrating responsible and ethical behavior. RAs play a pivotal role in our department and are a vital resource for many members of the campus community.
- At least one year experience living in a residence hall
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Full time student enrolled in a degree granting program
- Minimum 2.75 cumulative G.P.A. at time of application
- Free of any Lourdes University Judicial Sanctions by February 10
- Be able to serve the whole academic year
When you apply for the position, you are not applying for any specific building. Rather, your file will become active campus-wide and your skills and interests will be matched with available openings. If you are offered a position and choose not to accept it, your file will become inactive. You will need to complete a new application if you wish to be considered for an RA position in the future. Submitting this application indicates your consent for the Area Coordinator for Residence Life to confirm your GPA.
- Completed Application (use the online form below)
- One page resume (typed on a separate sheet or submitted below)
- Responses to short answer questions (these are included in the form below)
- One Reference: Reference letter must be received before the February 14th deadline