Historic Campus refers to the original 89 acres of the Sisters of St. Francis and does not include the Convent Park Apartments or Lourdes Commons.
Commercial transactions, commercial solicitation or distribution of advertising (including but not limited to product samples, coupons and flyers) on campus is prohibited without the approval of Lourdes University, the Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania Franciscan Ministries or the Franciscan Village:
Sisters of St. Francis
Sr. Rachel Nijakowski, OSF
- Weapons are contrary to our Franciscan value of peace and are prohibited.
- For the health and wellness of all, the historic campus is a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes. All use of tobacco is prohibited.
- Staff, faculty and students are required to park in designated areas and display stickers. Parking next to Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel and in Umbria Circle is reserved for Umbria Hall, Regina Hall and Madonna Hall employees and visitors Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- In general, pets are not permitted on campus. Exceptions include assistant and therapy dogs.
- Walking the wooded paths and trails is permitted dawn to dusk. Maintaining a peaceful and reflective manner when visiting shrines and gardens is expected.
- Climbing any fence is prohibited.
- Bicycles are permitted on campus dawn to dusk, but not on dirt paths and trails. Please be aware of the Rosary Care Center / Our Lady of Grace Hall residents and others who may be out walking the campus. To assure the safety of everyone, skateboards and rollerblades and speed bikes are prohibited.
- Recycling and energy conservation are a priority. Please dispose of your litter appropriately.
- Loud or disruptive music is not permitted.
- Signage on the campus will be uniform. External signage will state the building name only; all other naming or direction signing will be uniform inside the building.
- Drones may only be used on campus with the permission of the Director of Communication for the Sisters (email@example.com) or for Lourdes University (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Photography on the grounds and exterior of the facilities is permitted. Photography of the interior of buildings needs the permission of the person in charge of that facility. Commercial and political signs are prohibited.
- Alcohol use, apart from an approved event and private residences, is prohibited. Underage consumption of alcohol is always prohibited.
- Emergencies: In case of an emergency, call 911 and then call Security at 411 from any campus phone. If not using a campus phone, call 419-574-3861.
USE OF FACILITIES
1. Weddings are not permitted on the campus grounds or in any building including Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel and the Portiuncula.
2. In general, the use of facilities requires approval of the person in charge of that facility. Sisters’ facilities and Regina Conference Room are for internal use only. Questions should be addressed to Sophia Lloyd, Village Administrator. (See above for names and contact information.)
3. Scheduling of facilities and the campus, once approved, is handled by:
Requests for Lourdes University and Franciscan Center
Sisters facilities, Regina Conference Room
Regina Conference Center
Sr. Joan Jurski
Queen of Peace Chapel
Sr. Ann Carmen
Rosary Care Center
Requests for outside general area
4. The person(s) planning non-routine events or events involving 50 or more cars, especially those occurring on weekends or evenings, is responsible to notify:
- Sisters of St. Francis Administrative Office (419-824-3618),Linda Stout at: email@example.com
- Security (419-517-8953; Michelle McDevitt at: MMcDevitt@lourdes.edu
- Facilities/Grounds (419-824-3620); Mike Cravens at: MCravens@sistersosf.org
5. For Sisters facilities and Regina Conference Room, separate work orders for set-up and take-down should be submitted five days prior to the event by the person(s) planning the event. These requests are made through Sister Joan Jurski (419-824-3528); firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The scheduler should be informed if an event is cancelled or a tentative date not needed.
DIRECTIVES FOR EXTERNAL GROUPS USING THE CAMPUS:
- All groups and individuals must reflect Catholic and Franciscan values
- No structural changes may be made to the grounds, e.g. closing entrances. External activities should not impede access to other campus activities
- The grounds must be left clean
- Where appropriate, reverence and quiet should be maintained