Are You a Good Fit for Nursing CBE Programs?
by Angela Dunn
July 23, 2020
If you are seeking career advancement but do not have the time nor the extra funds to support a traditional degree program, then CBE may be for you!
What is Competency-Based Education?
Competency-Based Education measures skills, abilities, and competency versus time in the classroom. This type of model presents learners with opportunities that traditional models cannot provide.
- Fully Online: You don’t have to step foot into a classroom. Our accredited programs are fully online and accessible on multiple platforms.
- Flexible: You choose when, where, and how you complete your program. CBE courses are not bound to weekly deadlines.
- Accelerated: As soon as you master a competency, you can move on to the next topic.
- Affordable: The flexible option can decrease your time to program completion. As a result, the quicker you can complete courses, the more affordable your degree becomes.
3 ways to be successful in a competency-based education program at Lourdes University:.
Be Self-motivated: While you will have access to a full support team and campus resources; you have control over your courses. If you have on the job experience and great time-management skills, then you have what it takes to complete a CBE program.
- Be self-motivated: While you will have access to a full support team and campus resources, you have control over your courses. If you have on the job experience and great time-management skills, then you have what it takes to complete a CBE program.
- Use your resources: Lourdes University offers you a wealth of online resources to support your success through each course.
- Seek support from your team: We are here to serve you! Don’t be afraid to seek our help when you require it. You choose when you need the additional assistance and we can work with your schedule. Just ask!
Explore the difference between Traditional Online versus Online Competency-Based Education