Scholarships for New Undergraduate Students
Lourdes University provides information on the following types of scholarships for new undergraduate students.
To determine financial and institutional aid, domestic applicants are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Types of Scholarships
These scholarships are:
- Merit awards – Based on your GPA from high school
- Need-based – based on your financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- Character Based – Based on being from a diverse population, taking dual enrollment courses at Lourdes, attending a catholic high school, knowing an alumni
Lourdes has partnered with Raise.me to help students gain more scholarship opportunities! Student can sign up at raise.me and earn micro scholarships.
Students will need to create an account at raise.me and follow Lourdes University. Micro-scholarship are awarded for things like taking the ACT, visiting campus, getting an A in chemistry, and much more. Students can earn up to $2,000 per year at Lourdes.
Generous donors provide funding for Lourdes students. These donors usually pick criteria for their scholarship, and there are hundreds of options that could fit you!
These are scholarships you receive from non-Lourdes sources:
- Banks and credit unions
- Civic groups, like the Kiwanis or Knights of Columbus
- Outside Scholarship Search engines
- Choose Ohio First. This state scholarship program awards scholarships to students majoring in STEMM fields. Scholarships are based on merit. Learn more about this program.
- Emergency funds. You can apply for additional aid if you experience a financial emergency.
- Study abroad. Contact the Lourdes Financial Aid Office to learn about a variety of ways to fund a study abroad experience.
Lourdes University Scholarships
$10,000 Awarded with a 3.9 – 4.0 High School or College GPA
$8,000 Awarded with a 3.5 – 3.89 High School or College GPA
$7,000 Awarded with a 3.25 – 3.49 High School or College GPA
$6,000 Awarded with a 3.0 – 3.249 High School or College GPA
$5,000 Awarded with a 2.7 – 2.99 High School or College GPA
$4,000 Awarded with a 2.56 – 2.69 High School or College GPA
$3,000 Awarded with a 2.5 – 2.55 High School or College GPA
Individuals can receive up to two awards:
- $2,000 Catholic High Schools Student Award
- $2,000 Diversity Award
- $1,000 Legacy Award
- $1,000 Alumni Referral Award
- $1,000 Wolf Pack PLUS
* Priority awarding based on funds available
Need Based Scholarships
By design, approximately 50 percent of Lourdes University institutional aid awarded to students each year is reserved for students with demonstrated financial need
Heart of America Grant
New undergraduate students with a total annual family household income of $100,000 or less can qualify for the Heart of America Grant to assist them in funding their college education. Full-time, on-campus students who demonstrate financial need will receive a grant worth $4,000 per year, renewable for up to four years. Off-campus students and students receiving Athletic scholarships who demonstrate need will receive a grant of $2,000 per year, renewable for up to four years. Students receiving athletic scholarships will receive $2000 in the grant each year if they live on campus
Institutional funds for non-athletes. The amount of funding is based on your need and your merit award.
Catholic High School Student Award
First-year Lourdes students who graduated from a Catholic High School may qualify for an award worth up to $2,000 renewable for up to 4 years.
Qualifying first-year students may receive a Diversity Award worth up to $2,000, renewable for up to 4 years.
Legacy & Alumni Awards
New Lourdes University students may receive a Legacy & Alumni Awards worth up to $1,000, renewable for up to 4 years. Students can qualify as an immediate family member of a Lourdes University graduate or having been referred by a Lourdes graduate.
Wolf Pack PLUS award
Students who took one or more dual enrollments courses at Lourdes while in high school are eligible for $2,000 per year for all 4 years at Lourdes.
A list of donor funded scholarship and the criteria for them can be found here: https://apply.lourdes.edu/register/scholarships
Outside Scholarship Resources
Looking for additional scholarships from external organizations?
Take advantage of these helpful scholarships links:
- Fast Web
- Nursing Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Experts
- SmartStudent™ Guide
- Super College
- Toledo Community Foundation
NOTE: Scholarship applications should never require a fee.
How to Apply for Scholarships
You will be awarded this automatically upon admission to Lourdes. Based only on GPA from your most recent high school Transcript.
Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This serves as your application and is required for any need-based scholarships and other federal need-based aid like loans, grants and work-study.
New students can complete the application here: https://apply.lourdes.edu/register/22-23_Scholarship_App
- October: The FAFSA for the upcoming award year open! File early for the most eligibility.
- November: Endowed scholarship application for new students opens. Financial aid awarding begins and award letters are sent out.
- February: Endowed scholarship application for continuing students opens.
- March: Deadline for continuing students scholarship application
- July 1: Raise.me deadline and new student scholarship application deadline.
- Mid-July- Endowed funds are awarded, raise me funds are added
How Scholarships Are Awarded and Paid
How do I know if I received a Lourdes scholarship?
Merit scholarships are awarded automatically. You will receive a letter form the admissions department when you are awarded a merit award.
All other institutional scholarships will be indicated on your award letter, which will be sent beginning November 1st for students who have been admitted and filed a FAFSA.
How to Keep Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships, Raise me and character awards automatically renew every year as long as you maintain the required GPA
- Need based aid is awarded every year based on your most recent FAFSA
- Endowed funds are not renewable, and must be applied for yearly.
Request More Information
Lourdes University Financial Aid Counselors are available to assist Lourdes University applicants and students with any questions they may have regarding the funding of their university education.