Scholarships for New Undergraduate Students
Lourdes University provides information on the following types of scholarships for new undergraduate students. To determine financial and institutional aid, domestic applicants are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Types of Scholarships
3.00 – 3.49
Lourdes Faculty Scholarship
3.50 – 3.74
Lourdes Deans Scholarship
3.75 – 3.99
Lourdes Presidential Scholarship
Lourdes Trustee Scholarship
Lourdes Opportunity Award
Beginning Fall 2024, students with a GPA of 2.50-2.99 will receive a Lourdes Opportunity Award for $4,000.
Lourdes has partnered with Raise.me to help students starting in Fall 2024 gain more scholarship opportunities! Student can sign up at raise.me and earn micro scholarships. Students will need to create an account at Raise.me and follow Lourdes University. Micro-scholarship are offered for things like taking the ACT, visiting campus, getting an A in chemistry, and much more. Students can earn up to $2,000 per year at Lourdes. Learn more
Generous donors provide funding for Lourdes students. These donors usually pick criteria for their scholarship, and there are hundreds of options that could fit you! A list of donor funded scholarship and the criteria for them can be found here: https://apply.lourdes.edu/register/scholarships.
- Choose Ohio First. This state scholarship program offers scholarships to students majoring in STEMM fields. Scholarships are based on merit. Learn more about this program.
- Study abroad. Contact the Lourdes Financial Aid Office to learn about a variety of ways to fund a study abroad experience.
Outside Scholarship Resources
Looking for additional scholarships from external organizations? Take advantage of these helpful scholarships links:
- Fast Web
- Nursing Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Experts
- SmartStudent™ Guide
- Super College
- Toledo Community Foundation
NOTE: Scholarship applications should never require a fee.
How to Apply for Scholarships
You will be offered this automatically upon admission to Lourdes. Based only on GPA from your most recent high school Transcript.
- New students can apply here: https://apply.lourdes.edu/register/ScholarshipApp2324
- Current students can apply on the Lourdes Portal under “Financial Aid” and “Scholarship Applications”
- December: The FAFSA for the upcoming offer year opens! File early for the most eligibility
- February: Financial aid offers begin and offer letters are sent out
- July 1: Raise.me deadline
- Mid-July: Raise.me funds are added
How Scholarships Are Offered and Paid
How do I know if I received a Lourdes scholarship?
Merit scholarships are offered automatically. You will receive a letter form the admissions department when you are offered a merit amount. All other institutional scholarships will be indicated on your offer letter, which will be sent beginning in January 2024 for students who have been admitted and filed a FAFSA.
How to Keep Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships, Raise me and character offers automatically renew every year as long as you maintain the required GPA
- Endowed funds are not renewable, and must be applied for yearly.
Request More Information
Lourdes University Financial Aid Counselors are available to assist Lourdes University applicants and students with any questions they may have regarding the funding of their university education.