Todd M. Williams, J.D., B.A.
Todd M. Williams earned his B.A. in Business Administration from Lourdes College in 2002, and his Juris Doctorate from University of Toledo College of Law in 2008, where he achieved a Certificate of Concentration in Environmental Law. Immediately after being sworn into the Ohio bar, Mr. Williams opened his own law firm and began a practice focused on representing advanced energy and environmental advocates, as well as entrepreneurs of all stripes. In 2018 he joined Lean & Green Michigan, the statewide PACE Administrator, as Senior Counsel. In this role he supports the spread of property assessed clean energy finance across Michigan, and assists property owners to finance energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements.
Mr. Williams has been a frequent speaker and frequent CLE presenter on PACE, Advanced Energy Law, and Ethics. Most recently he presented on PACE at both local and national conferences.
Mr. Williams has been actively involved with Lourdes University since his graduation in 2002. He has served as President of the Lourdes University Alumni Association Business Branch from 2010 to 2012, and as an At-Large Member, Vice-President and President of the Lourdes University Alumni Association, serving from 2013 to 2015. Mr. Williams was recognized for his dedication to Lourdes in 2014 with the Lourdes University Alumni Association Alumnus of the Year Award. He was also recognized for his efforts as an entrepreneur with the Lourdes University Business Alumni Advisory Council Alumni Entrepreneurship Award for 2013. Professionally he has been recognized by Environment Leader and Energy Manager Today as a member of its E+E Leader 100 Class of 2019.
Mr. Williams has been active in a number of professional and community organizations such as the Michigan State Bar Association, ABLE/LAWO Emerging Leaders Council, and is a fellow of the Ohio State Bar Foundation. He currently serves as an officer for Damascus Collingwood Lodge #643 F&AM. Mr. Williams attempts to balance his professional endeavors with the more important endeavor of spending time with his wife and daughter.
Continuing Legal Education Courses Taught
- The Sun Rises on Ohio, An Introduction to Community Solar, Green Energy Ohio Energy Policy Conference, (April 2016)
- Employee and Legal Ethics, Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, Staff Training (October 2014)
- Energy Law and Development, Toledo Bar Association, (June 2011)
- Green Energy Ohio Energy Policy Conference, CLE, The Sun Rises on Ohio, An Introduction to Community Solar (April 2016).
- Green Energy Ohio, Toledo Solar Workshop, Community Solar in Ohio, (March 2015)
- Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, CLE and training for Court Staff, Employee and Legal Ethics (October 2014)
- Lourdes University, Business Ethics Class, Legal Ethics (2011-present)
- CDFA 2013 Ohio Energy Efficiency and Building Retrofit Workshop, Ohio PACE Financing (June 2013)
- CDFA, CDFA-Stern Brothers Renewable Energy Finance Webcast, A New Era in Energy Financing in the Midwest, Implementing PACE in Ohio (January 2013)
- Toledo Bar Association, CLE, Energy Law and Development (June 2011).
- “Community Solar in Ohio – Ground Breaking Leadership.” Green Energy Ohio News Magazine, March 2016, v. 8, Issue 4.
- “Community Solar in Ohio – Leadership from the Ground Up.” Green Energy Ohio News Magazine, March 2015, v. 7 Issue 4.
- “Bringing advanced energy to Ohio: Creative solutions for distributed power and energy efficiency.” OhioENGINEER, March 2015, v. 75, Issue 1.
- “Toledo Setting PACE.” Green Energy Ohio News Magazine, June 2012, v. 5, Issue 2.
Professional and Community Involvement
Damascus/Collingwood Lodge #643 F.&A.M., Treasurer 2014-2017, JD 2017-2018, SW 2018-2019
Lourdes College Alumni Association Board of Directors, President 2014-2015, Vice President 2013-2014,
Lourdes College Alumni Association Business Branch, President 2010-2012
Lake Erie Western Alliance for Sustainability Board of Directors 2011-2012
Attorney Member, Inns of Court, Morris Waite Chapter, 2014-2015
ABLE/LAWO Emerging Leaders Council, 2011-2013
Ohio State Bar Foundation, Fellow
Member State Bar of Michigan, Lucas County Bar Association
Environment + Energy Leader 100, Class of 2019
Lourdes University Alumni Association: 2014 Alumnus of the Year
Lourdes University Business Alumni Advisory Council: 2013 Alumni Entrepreneurship Award
BUS 330: Legal Environment of Business
Uses case studies to focus on the impact of the legal system on business. Provides and overview of the legal system. Includes topics such as sources and nature of law, contracts, sales, real and personal property, forms of business ownership, and employment.