HEERF Student Relief Fund
LOURDES UNIVERSITY STUDENT RELIEF PROGRAM
Lourdes University received funding through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA), and the American Rescue Plan (ARP). This funding is used to provide direct emergency checks to eligible Lourdes students whose lives and education have been disrupted by COVID-19.
HEERF – EMERGENCY FINANCIAL AID GRANTS TO STUDENTS
Lourdes University signed and returned to the U.S. Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution will use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act and the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
The amount Lourdes was granted and distributed from CARES funds totaled $554,320. Lourdes has also received $554,320 under CRRSSA and $1,751,928 under ARP (a)(1) programs.
Approximately 850 Lourdes students are eligible to receive HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grants CARES Act Distribution Status – March 31, 2021, Final report
The total amount distributed to students: $554,320
The total number of students to which funds have been distributed: 847
All CARES Act funds for Emergency Financial Aid Grants have been distributed.
HEERF II Emergency Financial Aid Grants CRRSAA Distribution Status – June 30, 2021
The total amount distributed to students: $527,333
The total number of students to which funds have been distributed: 805
HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grants ARP Distribution Status – June 30, 2021
The total amount distributed to students: $0
The total number of students to which funds have been distributed: 0
HEERF Emergency Financial Aid Grants ARP Distribution Status – September 30, 2021
The total amount distributed to students: $1,661,094.78
The total number of students to which funds have been distributed: 273
HEERF III Emergency Financial Aid Grants ARP Distribution Status – January 10, 2022
The total amount distributed to students: $1,797,017.27
The total number of students to which funds have been distributed: 337
HEERF III Emergency Financial Aid Grants ARP Distribution Status – April 29, 2022
The total amount distributed to students: $1,800,000.00
The total number of unique students to which funds have been distributed (does not count double awards): 327
Average award amount: $5,504.59
Method used to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they receive under CRRSAA and ARP
To determine which students receive grants and how much, there are two parallel processes:
- Students who have outstanding balances that would prevent them from continuing their education are identified and communication is sent to make them aware of this funding opportunity, and;
- Students who have other financial situations that would prevent them from continuing their education are provided grant information either by self-identifying or through referral by faculty and staff from across campus.
Faculty and staff have been made aware of the grant opportunity and process through both all-campus zoom and all-campus in-person meetings. The Student Financial Services staff also identifies students whose financial situations have changed. All students received a notice of the grant opportunity on their university invoices.
The following procedures are used to determine grant amounts:
- Review of enrollment eligibility, i.e. were they a student during the pandemic period? NOTE: THERE IS NO CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO CONTINUED ENROLLMENT. THAT IS, STUDENTS WERE AWARDED EVEN IF THEY WERE NOT REGISTERED FOR FALL AT LOURDES;
- Review of academic standing; only to determine if their other aid status is impacted by satisfactory academic progress which could result in a larger need after aid is applied;
- Review of financial need based on the FAFSA;
- Review of financial need based on any outstanding balance that would prevent continuing education at Lourdes or elsewhere (transcript release);
- Review of gap between available aid and balance, and;
- Review of exceptional circumstances as outlined on the Exception Need Form provided by students to provide information not reflected on the FAFSA or in University records.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reports
Dean of Student Success
Director of Student Accounts
PAYING IT FORWARD
Lourdes has created the Lourdes COVID-19 Action Fund to provide financial support to students not eligible for government stimulus aid. To do so, please contact Mary Sabin, Vice President of Institutional Advancement, email@example.com.