Lourdes University, a private, four-year liberal arts institution is seeking an Academic Skills Coordinator for Upward Bound, a grant-funded program serving low-income high school students entering college. This position is to advise current Upward Bound students with all academic needs and to provide assistance with registration and preparation for college. This is a full time, one-year grant funded position. Continued employment is contingent upon continued grant funding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides academic advising for all students
- Designs all curriculums for the program
- Selects, trains, monitors and evaluates all instructors
- Participates in planning, development, implementation and delivery of programs and services
- Interviews, assesses needs, and provides necessary services to Upward Bound students
- Assist with administering all student assessment instruments and maintains student and parent contacts
- Attends departmental and other University, government and community meetings/functions
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates Upward Bound program instructors during the academic year and the summer program
- Annually prepares departmental report
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director
- Must be available to work evenings/weekends
Master’s degree in education or guidance and counseling in education is required. Knowledge of teaching-learning processes and higher educational academic practices is desirable. A minimum of three years in one or a combination of the following: teaching experience, remedial teaching techniques, counseling and guidance, coordination of tutoring programs for students with low-income, or first generation status. One year experience with a TRiO program preferred. Preference given to individuals who have succeeded in overcoming the circumstances like those of the target area.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and salary requirement (all in MS Word or .pdf format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.