College of Nursing
Lourdes University's College of Nursing graduates are an innovative workforce that continuously improve quality and safety in healthcare delivery systems and exemplify holism, ethics, diversity, community service and Franciscan values. Recognized as a national leader for excellence in nursing education, Lourdes nursing faculty teach you how to best advocate for your patients, provide strategies for optimal health and recommendations for wellness.
Whether your goals are to work in home care, emergency care, acute care or public health, Lourdes University's College of Nursing programs prepare you for success. Our alumni have a proven history of excelling on the NCLEX Nursing Exam and frequently go on to graduate school and hold positions as nurse midwives, nurse anesthetists, nurse administrators and leaders in health informatics.
Nursing majors are encouraged to take advantage of all the programs and services available:
- Apply for membership in the Dean's Scholars Program
- Participate in international and professional immersion experiences
- Receive personalized instruction in small clinical groups with a 6:1 student to faculty ratio
- Join the Student Nurse Association or Sigma Theta Tau student organizations
- Build and strengthen professional skills in the Center for Nursing Scholarship and the Nursing lab
- Study abroad opportunities and international mission initiatives in Africa and South America available
- 20 hospitals and community sites are offered for students to complete their clinicals
- 5 semesters of study are dedicated to nursing courses and clinicals
- 6:1 student-to-faculty nursing clinical ratio