Payment Plan FAQs
Why Pay Monthly?
Your investment in education increases dramatically when you rely on loans or other interest-bearing options. Paying as much as possible from current income and savings is an easy way to minimize that debt, especially if you can spread those payments over several months.
With the payment plan, you borrow less, and that saves you money on interest and could significantly reduce your post-graduation debt.
Benefits of the Payment Plan Option
- Allows you to break down your yearly education expenses into easy-to-manage installments rather than one lump-sum payment
- Automatic payments make it simple and convenient
- Lower overall education costs
- The payment plan is not a loan, so there are no interest payments
- It is the debt-free way to spread tuition payments over a number of months
Methods of Payment
Whether you select the pay all-at-once or payment plan option, Lourdes offers three convenient payment methods.
- Online payments made with a credit card or electronic check
- Automatic payments from your checking or savings account
- Mailing or bringing checks made payable to Lourdes University Student Accounts
What are the fees and charges for the payment plan?
- There is a modest one-time $50 fee to enroll or re-enroll in the payment plan.
- A fee of $30 will be charged for any insufficient fund transactions. In addition, a fee of $30 will be assessed for late payments.
- If a student fails to pay two payment plan installments, enrollment in the payment plan will be terminated. Any remaining balance will be due in full immediately.